Monday, October 24, 2011

What did one interview say to another interview?

Heck if I know!  Read below to find out more about......

Featured Artist: Dani Gudowski

We were fortunate enough to have Dani contribute not one, but two amazing designs for the Back on My Sweets book.  Check out her designs for the Corn Muffins and Chocolate Beet Cupcakes.  I hope I don't get flour all over her beautifully designed pages!  And after she was able to grab some time and answer our questions, here's what she has to say...

What is your favorite muffin/cupcake?
I love zucchini and feta muffins with a little lemon zest!

What reality TV show would you love to be on?
I would love to be on No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, preferably while he is in France.

What sound or noise do you love?
Love the sound of music (not the movie)

What sound or noise do you hate?
Hate the sound of potato chip bags.

Apart from making beautiful artwork, what else do you do?
I do graphic design, drink coffee and walk dogs. 

Tell me a bit about yourself.
I am in a serious transitional period, I recently lost my husband to cancer and my shih tzu to a car. Although it's a very emotional and hard time, I get a lot of comfort from doing art or crafts and making something to express myself. There is always a bright side to things, and sewing a seed like doing recipes for other people in need makes me feel good about life and passing on the positivity. 

What would be the title of your memoir?
"You never know what life is going to throw you, so pull up your boots and get ready."



Where does your inspiration come from?
Knowing you could lose everything in a moments time makes me know there is nothing to fear. Just do it in other words, no matter what. 

When did you know you were an artist/maker?
When I was young and would order my crayons so they looked like the color spectrum. I guess that's when I knew I was slightly obsessive compulsive too. 

Describe your creative process...
I love drawing things, so I always start there. Then I usually use a scanner and computer to help make my vision a reality. 

If you could peak inside the studio of any artist, designer, or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
William Morris

What is one artistic tool you can't live without?
Sharpies
Check out Dani's blog and website for more artwork..

Just a runner with a sweet tooth!

-Andrea

1 comment: