Monday, November 21, 2011

And now presenting......

Featured Artist: Jenn Studaker

I know I know, everyone thinks I can do it all, and just because I have a superman costume tucked in the bottom drawer of my dresser doesn't mean I can....But I do make one hell of a Superman!  I could not have completed Back on My Sweets with out the help of Jenn Studaker.  She is the Robin to my Batman, Patrick to my Sponge Bob, or Milhouse to my Bart.  Basically, she rocks and not only did she draw out the Strawberry Cream Cupcakes and Lemon Poppyseed Muffins recipe, but she had a huge part in putting the book together.  So big HUGS from me!  Of course I stole 5 min of her time so she could finish her interview..... 


Favorite muffin/cupcake....
Lemon anything! It's always so refreshing.

If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would you be on....
Jersey Shore because that way I'm not the crazy one in the room. Or wife swap if I was married. That one always looked like fun cause I like to boss people around.

What Sound or noise do you love....
The lake!

What sound or noise do you hate....
I HATE knuckle cracking and the noise people make when they spit on the ground. ewe.

Apart from making beautiful artwork, what else do you do?
I go to work and then come home and sit on the couch. ha! Every once in awhile I get motivated and make something though. 

Tell me a bit about yourself...
I'm super, super nice! Just kidding I'm not, but I love food and reading books from the library. I grew up in a small town and now live in a much bigger town. When I get a house it will probably be filled with things that look like I might have picked them out of an old barn. Oh and I love cut paper - obsessed might be a better word. 

What would be the title of your memoir?
"Don't talk to me before my morning coffee"

Where does your inspiration come from?
Lots of people and things. I love google it knows exactly what I'm looking for. 

Describe your creative process...
I usually slack for a bit, panic, and then somehow pull something together. I work really good under pressure.

If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, designer or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
Picasso! I have this book that I read like once a year written by his mistress Francoise. I love it so much that I think I could walk around his studio with my eyes shut and know where I was going. I also feel like I ate at the same restaurants he did and know all his friends.

What is one artistic tool you can’t live without?
Well, nowadays it would be the computer unfortunately. Everyone wants something digital. But pencils are pretty cool too. 

Don't forget to follow Jenn on Twitter and check out her LittleTinyDoors blog!  

Just a runner with a sweet tooth!
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment