Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Interview Time....

Featured Artist: Mui Ogunmola

If you've got a copy of Back on My Sweets on you right now, flip to the Pistachio Cupcakes w/ Raspberries page.  Yup, Mui designed those and boy do they look oh so delish!  I think I'm gonna whip up a batch right now!  Keep on reading to find out what makes Mui tick.... 

Favorite Muffin/Cupcake?
Blueberry Muffins.

If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would you be on....
I never wanted to be on a reality show I would rather be a cartoon character, especially Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Apart from making beautiful artwork, what else do you do?
I read lots and lots of comic books.

Tell me a bit about yourself...
I was born in Detroit and went to art school from high school on. I interned at Disney and Reebok where I eventually got a full time job. I love money.

What would be the title of your memoir?
I'm just a realist.

Where does your inspiration come from?
Everything... artists, music

When did you know you were an artist/maker?
I'm still trying to be an artist!

Describe your creative process...
Everything is random. Draw, scan, draw, computer.

If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, designer, or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
David Choe or James Jean. I want to know more about their process. 

What is one artistic tool you can't live without?
A pencil because everything starts off as a sketch.
Check out more of the talented Mr. Mui on his blog, twitter, or tumblr.

Just a runner with a sweet tooth!
-Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment